Thursday, September 11, 2008

A round robin finish



Well first of all I waited much to long before starting stitching on this one. Due date is the 15th, so it is a close one. Now explination of the part I stitched. Cathy asked us to try to include something from your province/country. Well there came the hard time deciding what to stitch. I decided there had to be an harbor as Hoorn has one, but well than my square wasn't filled at all. So I decided to ad some cabbage (green and red) as that is on the fields in West-Friesland in winter days when the tulips are gone. I could have stitched tulips too, but I couldn't find the proper tulip design. Hope Cathy likes it.

I am still busy with the bag exchange as what I made fisrt really was dramatic and I have started over, but needed some matching quilting thread. Have ot now and I am going to work on it tomorrow and soon as it is finished tomorrow it will go in the mail.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waar blijf jij die tijd halen voor al die swaps? 't Is weer prachtig wat je gemaakt hebt!

Anonymous said...

That's lovely :)

Annelies said...

Een prachtig stuk handwerk is het geworden. Erg leuk !

Angela said...

Your stitching on this piece is so pretty!