Monday, May 31, 2010

My first week of vacation and almost my goal done

As you have read I am n vacation in France and makig a bicycle trip from Besancon to St Marie sur Mer (at the mediteranai (700 km in total). I have done now 603 km and am close to the sea, should take us only one day. The weather has been great all days, only this morning started a bit rainy, but when the mistral came it blowed all the clouds away and now it is sunny, but windy outside.We have climbed aroun 100 km for sure and the longest climb was 8.2 km, which was over de col de lauzun at 504 meter high. Like always the food in France is great and not expensive, the hotels and bed and breakfasts we had were marvelous, only the one camping we had was bad, but we were happy we had a sleeping place after all as we were very tired.
I took 2 books with me and I hope I will also use the second book as I haven't done that much reading yet, but on thursday we will be in the train for 5 hours. The longest ride was 93 km and the shortest, maybe 63 km or something like that. Two days we had big troubles with flat tires on John his bike.

3 comments:

Mary-Kay said...

Sounds like a great vacation. I hope you aren't too sore from all that riding. But I'm sure it's worth all the effort.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Sounds like a great trip. What a great idea to do a biking trip. Lots of work, but you are burning calories.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Sounds like a wonderful adventure, stay safe.