Thursday, April 12, 2007

Kartonnage


I just love doing kartonnage, but the victorian sewing box wasn't my first project. The first one was this box I made for the Our Love of Needlework exchange at SBEBB. For this one I stitched "For a special stitcher" from Elizabeth designs. It had to be something which had to do with stitching and as I wanted to make her a "1001 things" box. I had to have a design which was the correct size. You see on this pic how lovely it looks open, also I did a great job on using my stashfabrics as both fabrics are from my stash.
Tuesday I had my last lesson for the victorian sewing box, but as I didn;t had time to put on the cats already I did that this afternoon . I had a nice chat with the ladies of the group tuesday evening and also today with only the owner of the shop it was very nice chatting. I already want to make some more. I saw a box for putting your quiltblocks in and that was a nice idea too. I am almost ready with page 3 of Little red riding hood, only 50 stitches left so probaly a new pic will come this weekend.
Also two more days to sign up for the drawing.

20 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Lovely boxes....both of them :)

Alberta said...

Judith, your skills simply amaze me. The boxes are so beautiful!

catandturtle said...

omg, I love that cat box. I made a wall hanging out of that fabric but your box is just awesome. What a clever project. Ann.

Valda said...

I love the cat box!!! Just beautiful!

Hazel said...

Oh my goodness you are so talented!!

Kathryn in NZ said...

love the boxes Judith - they look fabulous. Way to go!

mainely stitching said...

I am deeply impressed!

Anonymous said...

Oooooh die catbox is WOOOOOOW!
Schitterend werk!

cathymk said...

Wow Judith! Both boxes look stunning!

BeckySC said...

Both boxes are great, Judith! Congratulations :)

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

What glorious boxes! i just love them

jacq said...

o die met het katten stofje is leuk zeg!! neem je hem volgende week mee om te laten zien??

Stitcher said...

They're lovely. I especially love how the green one opens.

Karen said...

Wow, Judith - you have such great ideas! You are just a creative whirlwind! Well done!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous boxes!

Carol said...

I am so impressed - so beautiful Judith!!

Moulinette said...

beautifull the subject and the fabrics
I am also doing cartonnage, i am living in belguim...
not far from yo

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow! Those boxes are just so cool!

Lennu said...

Both boxes look wonderful, congratulations!

Anonymous said...

OMG Judith, those cartonnage boxes are absolutely exquisite! Truly truly awesome! :D I'm not supposed to be commenting on blogs while I clear the backlog, but I just couldn't resist this one! ;) Beautiful exchanges too ... lots of visual candy to drool over :D