Thursday, June 28, 2007

Two finishes from my mother

Well one is also from me as I did do a part of the sewing and the quilting. My mother did do the binding this week.

Here is the quilt for my nephew which he will received saturday when we visit my brother. I just love how it came out.

And here is the Rosesquilt from my mother. I bought the kit for her in France, it was a pattern that has also been published in the Magic Patch. It is even more beautifull in real life. The wall you see behind it I have painted when they moved. It hangs in their bedroom.

I am now busy quilting, so maybe a nother pic of a finish tonight. Also went to the LQS and LNS today and bought fabric to finish the seasonal house exchange on SBEBB and for something I am going to add to the summer exchange on a dutch yahoo list. Those pics will come after they are received.

Today I received block 9 of "Journey of a quilter" from Honeysucklecottage . There is still a package on it's way from them with block 1,2,3 and 5, but I am guessing that took a slow boat as it was send the 15th of May and still no sign of it. Not worried yet as a package that took the longest took more than 2 months, so after the 15th of July I am starting to get worried. Still I love their service. I now have to only piece together blocks 8 and 9 and will do that the coming weeks.

Also I have finished 1/3 of the next page of Little Red Riding Hood, which is a HEAD design as someone asked, and so it is going fast and I only stitched with two colors so far. Probaly a pic will follow at the end of the weekend, beginning of next week.

Also decided on my next BOM, it will be from Quilthuis Lieselotje my local LQS, she will have a BOM with catfabrics, very adorable and I saw both color variations today and they are both beautifull. Will be a hard decision, but I like the autumn colors a bit more, but we will see which one it will be.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo Oooo wat zal je moeder blij zijn met die prachtige rozenquilt!
Neefje ook natuurlijk met de zijne, maar die rozen .... WOOOOW!

Anonymous said...

Wat een mooie quilts,de ene heel kleurrijk en de rozenquilt wat romantisch.Ze zullen er blij mee zijn.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Your nephew is a very lucky young man. I truly love this quilt. It is so full of life. Your mother's quilt is quite lovely! Actually, I love all of your quilts! Yours is a wonderful site to visit!

Diana said...

That rose quilt is just wonderful! I love the unusual setting on it.

Heather said...

Your quilts are so beautiful!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow! Fantastic quilts!!!