Tuesday, October 31, 2006
The first five people to respond to this post (via the comments section) will get some form of "art" made by me. Be sure that I can email you to get your snail mail address. Think of it as something to look forward to getting in the mail. It will be original, made by me (sorry), but it may not be immediate, as I haven't made them yet. I am about sure what it will be.
There is a catch, of course, the way this works is that if you sign up, you have to blog this as well and continue sharing.
2. Paper pieced
3. Hand quilted
4. Hand pieced
5. Created your own pattern
6. Published a pattern in a magazine or book
7. Gone on a quilting retreat
8. Gone to a quilting convention
9. Met someone who wrote a quilting book
10. Combined your quilting with some other craft
11. Done any three dimensional quilting - like fabric origami?
12. Made something using Thimbleberries fabric
13. Made something using batiks
14. Dyed your own fabric
15. Made a landscape hanging
16. Made a New York Beauty quilt
17. Made a baby quilt
18. Made a wall hanging
19. Made a journal quilt
20. Submitted your journal quilt for viewing
21. Made a fabric postcard
22. Made a artistic trading card (ATC)
23. Exchanged artistic trading cards
24. Mailed our your postcard?
25. Made a lap quilt
26. Made a twin size quilt
27. Made a full size quilt
28. Made a queen size quilt
29. Made a king size quilt
30. Donated a quilt to charity
31. Sent a quilt out to a quilter
32. Thrown away a UFO
33. Given away a UFO
34. Cut up a UFO and made something else with it
35. Ripped fabric instead of cutting it
36. Made a quilt exactly like the pattern, with no changes whatsoever
37. Done any Sashiko
38. Quilted your own quilt
39. Did free motion quilting
40. Put any embroidery or beads on your quilt
41. Given away your quilt to a stranger
42. Swapped fabric
43. swapped blocks
44. participated in a round robin
45. participated in an ostritch round robin
46. kept a journal about your quilting
47. written a letter to someone who made an antique quilt
49. kept a blog about your quilting
50. participated in a gift exchange
51. sent a quilting random act of kindness
52. joined a newsgroup about quilting
53. made a quilt using a pattern from [ http://www.quilterscache.com/ ]quilterscache
54. joined an online block of the month
55. made a block of the month quilt
56. subscribed to a fabric of the month club
57. bought fabric at an online store
58. bought fabric from ebay
59. own more than one sewing machine
60. have a room dedicated solely to sewing
61. hide a fabric purchase
62. finished making a holiday gift before July
63. made a landscape quilt
64. made a quilt using a book from the library
65. worked with someone else to make a quilt
66. joined a quilt guild
67. become president of a quilt guild
68. taught a quilting class
69. helped someone else get the quilting bug
70. taught a child to sew
71. made a Dear Jane block
72. Made a miniature quilt
73. watch QNN - quilters news network
73. subscribe to a quilting magazine from your own country
74. subscribe to a quilting magazine from another country
75. buy fabric from another country
76. swapped completed quilts with someone else
77. asked for quilting help online
78. gone to a quilt shop to ask for quilting help
79. bought fabric at a local quilt shop
80. travelled more than 100 miles to go to a quilt shop
81. used nontraditional fabric for a quilt - something other than cotton or flannel
82. made a quilt using instructions given to you on a blog
83. make comments on someone's quilting blog
84. meet a quilter in person after only having talked online
85. had a quilting retreat in your home
86. own quilting software
87. made a quilt you designed on your quilting software
88. done any quilt research - history, interviewing quilters, etc.
89. had any quilt related subject published anywhere
90. donated a quilt to a museum
91. bought a quilt from a thrift store
92. made a quilt using fabric from a thrift store
93. made a quilt using photos
94. made a pastel quilt
95. made a quilt using brights
96. made a quilt using ethnic fabric from another country - African, Asian, etc.
97. made a quilt using leftover blocks from other quilts
98. had your quilt in a magazine, newspaper, newsletter, TV, etc.
99. submitted your quilt to a quilt show?
100. won any ribbons with your quilts?
101. had more finished quilts than UFOs
102. made a quilt using reproduction fabrics
103. took a break from quilting that was longer than a year
104. made money with your quilting
105. had a job in the fabric / quilting industry
Monday, October 30, 2006
Saturday, October 28, 2006
I just saw that I forgot to post the pic of the finished Yvonnequilt. The one that asked the quilt for her will do the handwork on the binding.
I know I am early, but I won;t complete anymore goals I think.
Goals for October:
3. Quilt and bind Petraquilt
1. Finish animal shelf
1. Finish Stocking stuffer exchange
2. Finish Ornament exchange
3. Finish Animal shelf
4. Start take time to quilt spring
5. Work on 3 x 3 = 9 quilt
6. Work on first mysteriequilt
Friday, October 27, 2006
I just finished the 4 blocks of the first part. Also we had to cut the orange triangles in the middle another 64 times for part 5 of the mysterie. We will use them than. Today I also finished the first part of the stocking stuffer exchange, but there will be more in it and will get busy the next weeks for that.
Also I signed up for another smalls exchange and the house themed exchange on SBEBB, but they won't have to be ready till the end of january, so enough time to make them.
Tomorrow my parents will visit and we will go out shopping for the batting for the quilt for Job and also backing fabric and than I can go and quilt as soon as I find some time, but first some other things.
Next week we will also get the partner for the ornament exchange in SBEBB and than I can go and choose my ornament that I want to stitch, wel one thing is sure it won't be disney as everyone put that in their dislikes.
Thursday, October 26, 2006
Monday I finished the first page of Little red riding hood. So still 55 to go.
Than last weekend I quilted the babyquilt. I think it looks great and hope my colleague will love it.
This week I worked on the first part of the new mysteriequilt and I have to make this block 4 times. It is now done 2 and a half times. Also we have to make a paperpierce block.
Monday, October 23, 2006
Sunday, October 22, 2006
Saturday, October 21, 2006
Well I am home again, but very tired. Here a pic of the mysteriequilt I am making that was unraffled and haging in the shop. Doesn't it look intrique. I am was impressed that I am making this one and the blocks I already made I can find in the big picture. Sorry for the bad picture, but there was a lot in front of it.
I also got the first part of the next mysterie and we have to make some blocks again, hope to work on that one this weekend.
Today also the needleworks smalls exchange arrived from Chris. She mad me a Biscornu and I totally like it. Also love the colors. I will honor it for sure.
Also here a pic of the quilt we are making for my nephew. After a long debate we decided I will quilt it on the machine, I already have some ideas. Now just doing them LOL.
Also my mother made another babyquilt for a friend of hers. I think it looks great again.
Friday, October 20, 2006
Also I received the first part of the next quilt at home and I am looking forward to seeing what to do for that one.
Also I have another goal finished. It is the top of the quilt for my nephew which I am doing together with my mother. Now just have to discuss which one will quilt it.
I only bought one spool of thread and some glue, but that is all. So I am doing great on the no stash shopping and I saw some beautifull things. LOL my mother has bought a lot more :-).
Pics will follow tomorrow as soon as I am home.
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
So bye for now and I will be back saturday and hopefully can show a pic of the quilt for my nephew as my mother has finished her part already.
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Just got the word that my lined seedbag exchange arrived. I am glad Mary loves it and also the skiens of Gloriana silk I put in.
Now keeping my fingers crossed that also my small exchanges from SBEBB will arrive.
Today I also got the name for the stocking stuffer exchange and I am already making up a nice package.
At the moment I am busy working on my big mysteriequilt. There is a lot of paperpiercing in it and I am not that good in paperpiercing. I will show pics hopefully later today. Also I stitched a lot on little red riding hood. I will take a picture of that one as soon as the first page is finished.
Sunday, October 15, 2006
1. Scissorfob exchange
3. Babyquilt for Ypie
4. Take time to Quilt - Spring - JD
5. celtic challenge - Sweetheart tree
7. Christmas stocking
8. Snowman brown
9. Tom mouse- Butterfly chase
10. Noel ornament - Workbasket
11. Block 19 of NHA
12. Garbage bag pincushion for my mother
13. Garbage bag pincushion for me
14. Block 25 of NHA
15. It's Summertimequilt
16. Block 20 of NHA
18. pine needleroll
19. Winter snapperland - Bent Creek
20. exchange piece
21. exchange piece
22. Harvest time quilt
23. House exchange
24. Birthday exchange
Quilt for Job
Catnip Kitty Fob - Sweetheart tree
Alphabeth Wreath - JBW designs
Apple Orchard - JBW designs
A Rocky Mountain Christmas - JD
Cape May street New Jersey - Debbie Patrick
Think of me - Elizabeth designs
Dragon's by the fire - Black Swan
Pacific Rim sampler - JD
The Four Seasons - Lorri Birmingham
Take time to Quilt - Autumn - JD
Take time to quilt - Winter - JD
Tour des Marques - Silver Lining
Big Mysterie 1 quilt
A new England Autumn - Jeannette Douglas
Lady of Shalott - Teresa Wentzler
Summer snapperland - Bent Creek
Ladybugs and Bumblebees - Country Cottage Needleworks
Great Lakes Lowland Sampler - JD
Take time to quilt - Summer - JD
If I could be a snowman - Lavender Wings
20 flowers - Just Nan
Fleur de Lys Sampler - JD
Toccata Number one - Drawn Thread
Dreamer's High - Lavender Wings
Beargrass Roll - Columbine designs
Learning to count - JBW
Take time to Garden - JD
Garden Wisdom "Sweet Nothings" - JBW
Atlantic Seaboard sampler - JD
Noah's Ark - JBW
Summer at the Ocean - JD
"A Single Rose" Sweet Nothings - JBW designs
Friday, October 13, 2006
1. Bought everyone in the bar a drink
2. Swam with dolphins
3. Climbed a mountain
4. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
5. Been inside the Great Pyramid
6. Held a tarantula
7. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
8. Said "I love you" and meant it
9. Hugged a tree
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
18. Touched an iceberg
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby's diaper
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten drunk on champagne
24. Given more than you can afford to charity
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
27. Had a food fight
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger
30. Had a snowball fight
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse
34. Ridden a roller coaster
35. Hit a home run
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer
40. Visited all 50 states
41. Taken care of someone who was shit faced
42. Had amazing friends
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
44. Watched wild whales
45. Stolen a sign
46. Backpacked in Europe
47. Taken a road-trip
48. Gone rock climbing
49. Midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow
56. Alphabetized your CDs
57. Pretended to be a superhero
58. Sung karaoke
59. Lounged around in bed all day
60. Posed nude in front of strangers
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theater
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured ancient sites
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days
77. Made cookies from scratch
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on television news programs as an expert
83. Got flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music
87. Eaten shark
88. Eaten fugu (pufferfish)
9. Had a one-night stand
90. Gone to Thailand
91. Bought a house
92. Been in a combat zone
93. Buried one/both of your parents
94. Been on a cruise ship
95. Spoken more than one language fluently
96. Performed in Rocky Horror Picture Show
97. Raised children
98. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn't have survived
105. Wrote articles for a large publication
106. Lost over 100 pounds
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Petted a stingray
110. Broken someone's heart
111.Ridden a bike
112. Won money on a T.V. game show
113. Broken a bone
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse
119. Had surgery
120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school
132. Petted a cockroach
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad and The Odyssey
135. Selected one important author who you missed in school, and read
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. Skipped all your school reunions
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
139. Been elected to public office
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146. Dyed your hair
147. Been a DJ
148. Shaved your head
149. Caused a car accident
150. Saved someone's life
Yesterday evening late I finished the top of the babyquilt. I love how it looks and all the colors. I showed it also to my colleagues yesterday and they said also that it looks nice. Today my mother is getting me backing and than next weekend or the weekend after I can quilt it and bind it and than give it to my colleague on the 3th of November.
I just decided that today is little red riding hood time. Yes I am going to stitch on that one. Animal shelf is almost finished, but I will have enough time to work on that one on saturday and sunday as I just heard my DH has to work tomorrowmorning as his boss went through his back (LOL I am sure you have to say it differently in english, but I don't know how, shortly he has beckpain) and now can't go up and down.
I also decided what to stitch for the scissorfobexchange on Robin's Nest. I am sure the receiver will like it. I hope to work on that one too this weekend and than I can't work on anymore exchanges as I don;t have any names yet for the other two. One will come after this weekend and the other one at the end of this month. I already have some ideas for the stocking stuffer exchange, but just have to see if I have the time. I also want to make my mother a garbage bag you can hang on your desk with also a pincushion on it, just have to see I can find instructions somewhere or I will work something out first for myself and than for my mother.
Today and yesterday I also added some charts to my wishlist. LOL it is getting longer and longer and I decided not to buy anything new till I at least finished some of the designs I already have in stock and that are already 300+. I can only buy fibers, beads and fabric for the charts in my posession.
Now it is time to go and do groceries as otherwise we won't have anything to eat.
Thursday, October 12, 2006
|You Belong in Winter|
I am not feeling 100% still, but am at 80% now. Yesterday was a very bad day, but I started in the evening cutting the ninpatches and sewing the first 3. Here is a pic of them. Today I thought I would go shopping at one of the two LQS we have here in town, but it was closed. So I wen to the not so nice one and bought some polydown for the next 4 quilts I have to quilt (Babyquilt, Autumn Harvest, Petraquilt and the minkeebabyquilt). So now only to buy backing for the babyquilt and than I go and quilt till I am crazy.
Also stitching wise I am almost fiished with animal shelf, only still a lot of backstitching to do. Also today I found something perfect for the SBEBB smalls exchange and so I just finished it again, but changed a little thing and tomorrow it will go in the mail.
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
I have sewed yesterday 3 more blocks and I have 6 more to go on the babyquilt. Just heard today from my colleagues that they want to give it to her on her last day before pregnancy leave and that is 3 november which is 4 weeks earlier. So I will have to sew a lot on that one the next days.
Sunday, October 08, 2006
Today I have done 6 ninepatches, I hope I will be able to do the other 6 tomorrow and than tuesday the cutting and wednesday he sewing again.
Also a pic of the bag we are going to make at the quiltingretreat at the beginning of november. I am really looking forward to that. Now just have to see if I can find nice fabrics for it.
Also I promised pics from the fabrics. So here are the colors I will be using for my next mysteriequilt. It will be a big one again 96 inches square. The blue ones will be in the middle of the quilt, the orange around the blue and the green will be the outer edges and the fabric in front will be used in all colors. Than here also the colors for the bayquilt for my colleague. Cute bright colors which can be also used later on his/her bed. Well at leats I will try to make it that measurements.
Maybe later today I will work on this one, but first I am going to watch the ER episode from thursday, which I taped and stitch on animal shelf.
Friday, October 06, 2006
Yesterday I was at the quiltshop in Den Bosch for the meeting of the last part of the mysteriequilt and boy I saw some nice quilts that were a lot further than me. I intend to go to the shop also on the december 2 as there is time to sandwich your mysteriequilt in the shop than. Than there will be 4 finished mysteries and one of them is almost the same colors as mine and it looks now already great.
Now about the fabricshopping. (Pictures will follow later this weekend, when I am home) I had to buy fabric for the backside of a new babayquilt my mother made and found some nice fabric for it.
I have to make a quilt for the new baby of my colleague wihich will be born in december and I found some perfect fabric for it with frogs and nice colors. I think it will be a cutted ninepatch (don't know the english name and this is a translation from dutch). It will be around 140 cm (55 inches) square, so it will be a quilt to play on and later you can use it on his or her bed.
Than I saw the fabric kits for the next mysterie and they looked great too, so with three ladies we have made a nice kit for mine and the 17th I will get the first part of the new mysterie.
Today I will go shopping with my mother for fabric for my nephew his new bog bed. We are thinking of making it also a cutted ninepatch. My mother will make the ninepatches. My father will cut them in 4 and I will make the top and after that my mother will do the quilting.
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
by Renee today. I just got the word. So here is how it looks. It is a little flatflod and the design is from Brittrcup designs and is called Sunshine kitty.
Today I posted the next exchange, which is the lined seedbag and probaly it will be received next week.
I haven't done any quilting yet this week and probaly won't as I will be gone from thursday till saturday late in the eveing.
Stitching, I am busy finishing animal shelf.