Wednesday, January 13, 2010

2 schnibbles finished


It were a busy two days. Monday I started quilting Picnic, but as I had a very short night as I had a call from my work that I was needed there sundaynight, I just wanted to go to bed early. Yesterday I finished the quilting on Picnic. I have done freestyle feathers on it and I have to say with the darker binding on it I like it a lot more.


Than today I had as a goal to quilt Madeline and bind it and so I did. I have done stars and kringles on it. I have to say love wuilting with the King Tut thread and also the quilting needles. Only on Picnic I had a lot of breakage of my needles as some points are a bit thick and the needle had big problems with it. Next to quilt is ninepatch and snowballs. Just a few flowers and than the binding can be put on, maybe it will be finished tomorrow (don't think so).
Only 5 more quilttops to quilt (snowballs and ninepatches, 40T, Sweet Escape, round robin and a babyquilt). Hope the batting will come soon that I have ordered.

12 comments:

Annie Bee said...

Your Quilt tops look wonderful and I bet it feels great to have them finished.

Merel said...

Hi Judith, de batting komt eraan, hopelijk is het morgen bij je! Je zou bij het quilten kunnen proberen om de plekken waar veel naadtoeslagen op elkaar zitten te vermijden, als je free motion quilt, gewoon je bochtje de andere kant op maken. Succes, Merel

Mel said...

Lovely! :)

katrien said...

Je gaat als een speer met je quilts.

Suburban Stitcher said...

Beautiful on both accounts! Love them...and you're right...that dark purple binding on Picnic hits the spot!

Jantine said...

Ze zijn schitterend, allebei. En die donkere bies doet het inderdaad voor de mandjesquilt. Maar nu het quiltwerk... dat wil ik zo graag van dichtbij bewonderen ;-)

inge said...

allebei heel mooi!

Karen said...

I love the quilting you are doing!! I wish I had more time!

Blu said...

Lovely!

Out of curiosity, how many quilts do you have and what do you do with so many of them?

Guute said...

De eerste heeft mijn voorkeur maar ze zijn allebei prachtig!

Yvonne aka sommeke said...

Je begint op een fabriekje te lijken Judith!
Leuk allebei!

Quiltsmiles said...

Both schnibbles are gorgeous. Love them.
Jane