Saturday, December 26, 2009

sscs

Well thursday early in the morning I unwrapped my gift as I was going away until today and I just love what I received, a beautifull crochetted and felted bag. I am surely going to use it.
Thanks Annie.
Than today I did send an e-mail to Dawn my exchange pattern to see if she had figured out what it was she received, well she didnt, just see her e-mail:

"After I had cleaned up, and we still had visitors, I then said, look what I have received from the Netherlands and went and obtained the box from the tree. I opened the smalller of the two parcels first and was absolutely estatic with the materials - just LOVE the tonings - you got it very right., then the bigger parcel - yes this did have us all intrigued as we went from discussing what it would be used for - well you can imagine , we tried every which way but couldnt work out the "final" use - we had tried to make it into casserole holders, shapes, but you had us all miffed. I think it was the gorgeous Xmas fabric which made us all think it was a Xmas themed product, hence why we were trying think it was a "kitchen" themed idea!!!! I can say that i too just LOVE the fabric - in fact have one of the "dot" ones and also the candy cane ones which I purchased in New Zealand earlier in the year, so that is absolutely amazing.

Now - a Sewing Machine cover - let me go and see.......................................
oh you are amazing - how on earth did you know it would fit???? Do you have the same machine????
Thanking you - it is lovely and looks great - have it on there now - cant wait to show the visitors as to where it belongs!!!"

Yes I saw this machinecover on the modabakeshop and just fell in love and immediately thought about Dawn and that I would make it for her from my "Winter" Jellyroll. I asked on an onlinegroup I belong too if someone had a machine like hers and if they could meassure it for me and someone could do it. I am very gratefull that she was so helpfull. That is why it looks a bit strange on my machine as a Bernina has a table on it and not mine. I am glad she likes it so much and they had so much fun to find out what it was for.
I have to say I loved making it and will probaly make one for my own sewingmachine too as soon as I have a few things I must finish have finished.

4 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

beautiful gifts sent and received for the SSCS...........thanks so much for joining again..........

sounds like it was an entertaining present for Dawnie........very sneeky getting someone else to get some measurements for you......one way to make sure it fits perfectly.......

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow I love that felted bag!!!!

Annie Bee said...

Gorgeous felted bag and I love the machine cover you made and that story is so funny.

DAWNIE said...

Judith - oh thanks for sharing the story. I will have a pic on my blog tomorrow night - have to re-format the camera